Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Taking a dip, into the blogging stratosphere

I'm a rookie at Blogging, so here goes. Wilmington Downtown will soon be launching a new blog from our website. I writing this as a test to be sure I understand just enough to be dangerous. This site will eventually evolve into my personal blog, but for the next couple of weeks, I will use this as our blog posting site.


One thing I've noticed about social media, there are those who get it, and those who don't. The debates within our board have challenged me to think about what and how I use social media to carry the message of Wilmington Downtown. This blog will allow me to discuss issues, experiences and events downtown that don't always make the news. It will also allow me the opportunity to counter news articles where retractions, follow-ups and corrections don't always draw the same attention or headline (if they happen at all).


There are alot of great attributes to living, working and playing downtown. The key for me is to effectively communicate them is a an easy to read format, and deliver them to the masses. This blog will also be joined by a YouTube Channel, a new Facebook Page, and a new username on Twitter. All of that will be posted on the new blog ... coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment